Monday, May 18, 2015

Self-Judgment Is The Worst Thing You Can Put In Your Body.

Self-judgment is the worst thing you can put into your body.

Self-judgment - what a poisonous thing that hurts our souls and stymies us from reaching our full potential.  That little inner critic that constantly tells us, no matter what we do, that we aren't smart enough, funny enough, thin enough, pretty enough, good enough, keeping us stuck in a cycle of low self-esteem and fear.

Until I started working on my recovery, I always listened to the judgmental inner critic as though everything it said was an absolute, true fact.  If it said I was dumb, I was.  If it said I was weak, I was.  If it said I was fat, I was.  Now, however, I am learning that the unkind words of my inner critic are jut thoughts, and that I have the choice about whether to believe them or not.  Recognizing that we have the power to choose whether we believe the self-judgments we tell ourselves is the first step toward learning to accept, love and trust ourselves - to realize that we are fine just as we are.  Breaking the cycle of self-judgment allows us to accept ourselves and move forward, recognizing each of our individual strengths, purposes and potentials.  None of us were meant to be the same and when we can stop judging ourselves for what we aren't, and can start tapping into and enjoying what we are, then we can finally step into ourselves with confidence and joy.

So, let us no longer feed ourselves words of unkindness, self-doubt and judgment. Instead let us move forward making the choice not to listen to false thoughts that harm us.  Let us set the intention of kindness, patience and gentleness for ourselves so that we can become who each of us was meant to be: special and uniquely ourselves.

Wishing everyone may make the choice to not listen to self-judgments today,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment